We are going through difficult times. It is very easy to get drawn into a spiral of panic, especially when faced with social isolation, empty supermarket shelves and conflicting news reports.
Try to look on this as a time for achieving something different with your creative work.
Aim to do three of the following each day:
- Step away from social media and news reports for a couple of hours. Switch off your phone.
- Devise a short exercise routine – particularly if you are spending more time on the computer.
- Read a poem a day.
- Contact a friend by phone or email.
- Meditate or do a short visualisation.
- Write! Release frustrations onto the page. Take a small step with a new project.
- Give yourself a small treat every day.
- Think of three things you’re grateful for.
- Spend a few minutes outside. Focus on the clouds, a flower or a bird. Breathe deeply.
- Listen to a piece of music. Close your eyes.